The Conservatives were born from a growing frustration amongst voters from the right, left and anywhere in-between who felt abandoned and betrayed by the Government they had voted for.
- Both National and Labour have abandoned principle for self-interest.
- No-one in the Conservatives is a career politician. We are teachers, policemen, business men and women, farmers and parents. We will bring fresh thinking to Wellington.
- If we’re elected, our role will be to keep the Government honest and on a short leash.
- Our role will be to give the Government a backbone; to give them the support they need to make the tough calls.
- Our role is to make sure this Government listens to you and follows the instructions of the majority.